Monday, March 9, 2009

The luck of the Irish!


I can NOT believe it has been so long since I last posted, I'm not sure anyone even checks this blog any longer!

So much has changed over the last eight months...

Most importantly...I have a new job. In this crazy economy you hear all of the horror stories...my experience was quite the opposite. I was laid off on December 1, December 3 I was employed by a health & wellness center as the Office/Marketing manager. It is such an amazing environment...no stress...a job where the office is actually helping people to live a healthier life. Who thinks that getting laid off is the best thing that could happen to them? ME!

I took an overnight trip to Washington DC this past weekend, on the way home last night I turned the radio off, and drove in silence. This gave me six solid hours of thinking time! Something that I have been way too busy to do lately. With St. Patrick's Day upon us, I think I would reflect on some of the things I thought about, and why I am so lucky!!

I have always said that I am not a "lucky" person...I never win raffles or the lottery... but I think that luck is just in how you look at it!

I speed...a lot...almost every time I am in the car.... I have never ::knocking on wood:: gotten a ticket! THAT is lucky!

I have amazing friends who know who I am. Who know what it looks like when I have a terrible day...and also what a great day is. They stand by me no matter what. One of which I have known for 11 years now...she is the reason that I went to DC...it was such an amazing day...this is how she put it...." There are only so many days in a persons' life that they can classify as 'perfect". It usually has nothing to do with the location...the weather.....it's the people and the time you share." Yesterday was one of those "perfect" days for each of us! Having these people...makes me lucky!

My Mother is pretty gosh darn great! I know a lot of people who have terrible relationships with their parents...mine is wonderful!! Having her makes me lucky.

I participate in theater...schooling...Toastmasters...I volunteer....and am involved in a myriad of other activities.... I feel pretty well rounded....this makes me lucky.

I am in a stable relationship...and have been for almost six years...we rarely fight...we trust and love each other...everything a relationship is supposed to be...this makes me lucky too!

So many people focus on the negative things going on around them...I thought I would share the good today.....I also promise to blog more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still check here now and then. You are a very special person Jeni :)