Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I lied....


Okay -- So I didn't blog the next day. Luckily Kate was so busy she forgot to yell at me!

Last night we went to see Jersey Boys. I was skeptical, it sounded a little like Mama Mia, but people assured me it actually had a story line, and after all it DID win the Tony.

Since we had to get some last minute tickets, I ended up sitting away from my group, no big deal since you aren't supposed to talk during shows anyway.

The show starts and right away the crazy ass old people all around me start singing and dancing. YES DANCING. I did not pay money to hear a revival of Jersey Boys done at the old folk's home! By the end of the show there was a woman who was SOBBING in front of me because it was just that moving.

Okay....here's the thing.... I love being swept away by theater, BUT....the public services announcement is this: MUSICALS ARE NOT CONCERTS...YOU ARE NOT IN YOUR OWN LIVING ROOM.... YOU WERE NOT CAST IN THE SHOW! SHUT UP!


I feel better now!

No comments: