Saturday, January 19, 2008

I know what I want to be when I grow up!!


A British rocker chick!! That's right! I came to this conclusion on my way to the Toastmasters' Officer training this morning. (I am club president after all) and it is a good thing I did. I was sitting with my club, which is pretty amazing, when the person in charge came up to me. She asked me to give a small opening speech, the prayer, and pledge. Why not? I have about ten minutes to prepare,MORE than enough time!

I get up there, and talk about being a British rock star! How Toastmasters allows me that little piece of fame. I get the chance to be up in front of people, they applaud for everything, and I get to do something I love! I told the audience to dig down and find their own inner-rocker. I believe the phrase "rock on" was used at some point.

I got lots of feedback
I was called delightful.. I was asked to speak at an open house...I was asked to mentor a club! I also had some guy come up and stare at me..then call me madam president..he was kind of creepy....


What an amazing morning, and all because I am becoming a rocker!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, delightful is one word to describe you.

Anonymous said...

You ARE delightful...and a rocker! Hehe!
See you tonight!

Anonymous said...

Okay, now this is scary....and I'm not sure if it's the photo or that this idea occured to you to begin with. A rock star is exactly want Bronwyn wants to be when she grows up. Why do I see purple hair in her future???

Rocky said...

You Go Sister!! You're a Rock Supernova! ;)