Friday, September 21, 2007

Charter One: Not Your Typical Bank


You can say that again!! I realized this week that my debit card expires at the end of this month, and that I have not received a new one yet. Yesterday I called the bank, they reissued a new card, it will be here in 7-10 business days. Great, it will be here before the end of the month.

On my way home I stop at the gas station, and my debit card won't work, maybe the machine is down. Luckily I have cash on me, which almost NEVER happens. Today I try to order lunch, my card is declined. HMMMMM.....

Charter One has cancelled my current card as well as the card that was supposed to be at my house a couple of weeks ago.

I called back today, and Deb didn't seem too concerned.
Now.....I have to try to find time to go to the bank so I can try to figure out how much cash I will need over the next 7-10 business days.

This is like stubbing an already broken toe!!

1 comment:

stardust12 said...

I feel your pain. Last spring, my debit card was denied so I called my credit union--turns out I had made a purchase at TJ Max, and they had a security breach. So all members who had made a purchase there had their cards cancelled and reissued. Funny thing.....I didn't get the reissue notice until 5 days AFTER I called the bank. HMMMMMMMMM